Sinking Ship of Creativity

So I've been thinking recently about how I want to continue writing this short story for the CBC Short Story contest. I let a friend read it, which felt weird, but oddly exhilarating, but I've put off editing it any further. I've hit a crucial point in my writing, I think, where the mo just ain't jo-ing.

What to do?

I think I've got an idea where I want this thing to go though, which is good. It's just that I get these sudden bursts of creativity, followed by lapses of creativity, which makes it hard to fully concentrate on delivering the goods when I need them delivered. So it's hard to finish what I've started - or no - it's hard to polish up what I've started. Finishing something crappy is pretty easy. Making it sound just right is fucking insane! I literally keep a thesaurus open, and a dictionary, just to make sure what I am writing makes sense. It's helped my vocabulary though, so there's that. I would encourage anyone to that too. It helped me tons.

Anyway, hopefully I'll get this thing finished, and at a point where it's good enough to let other people read it. The 25$ it's going to cost to submit it as an entry is irrelevant compared to crossing off this thing from my bucket list, so I'm all in on this one.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment