DnD Wars: A New Beginning

I've started playing DnD again. I used to play with friends when I was a wee lad, back in the 80's, but stopped for a number of years and a number of reasons. Work and life took over; the reality of fatherhood set in quickly enough, and I soon lost touch with role playing games, and other games, in general. Now a couple of decades later, I find myself once again delving into dungeons, chasing the almighty gold piece, and living a rogues dream. I admit though, it did feel a bit weird on day one. Maybe it's the age factor: I'm a lot older, and maybe just a little wiser.
Regardless, I did have a lot of fun getting into charachter, and coming up with some good ideas. By the way, we are playing something called, Tyranny of Dragons. If you don't know what it's about, I suggest you Google it, or get your hands on your own copy and read through it. I think the theme is pretty cool. I mean, what's not to love about Dragons, wizards, and rogues, hashing it out in a dungeon?
Besides having to re-learn the rules, I think I did quite well in the sessions we've managed to get through. There's been some ups and downs for sure, but all in all, I've had a blast playing with friends and strangers. The DM is good too, so that helps tons.
Now, to figure out how to get that spider-silk armor done sometime soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment